[R] Getting Rmarkdown to generate custom LaTEX environment

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Wed Feb 25 10:39:00 CET 2015

Dear Huan,

Markdown doesn't know the concept of figure*. So you can't generate it with
native Markdown markup. If you really need figure*, then the only option in
markdown is to generate the LaTeX code yourself. Note that is will break
conversion to formats that don't handle LaTeX code.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25