[R] Schedule R function/Code to run at specific time

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu Feb 26 20:50:51 CET 2015

Everything Duncan said, plus:

A construction like this might do the job

run.at <- as.POSIXct('2015-02-26 13:05')
while(TRUE) {
  if ( trunc(Sys.time(),'min') == run.at) source('whatever-it-is.r')
  Sys.sleep(60)
}

but I wouldn't count on it to be as reliable as cron (or Windows
equivalent).

--
Don MacQueen

Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory