[R] Using R for agent based modeling

Wall, Wade A ERDC-RDE-CERL-IL Wade.A.Wall at usace.army.mil
Fri Feb 27 22:32:27 CET 2015

Hi all,

I am wanting to model some patch dynamics using raster objects in R and am trying to figure out the best way to do it.

I want to treat each "patch" (pixel, cell, grid) and assign multiple attributes (for example biomass, temperature, precipitation, etc). I know that I can do this using a brick object, but I also want to add a temporal dimension.

What is the best way to do this? The only way I can think right now is to create a brick object with the number of bands equal to the number of attributes and then create a new object at each time step. Is there a better way? (Surely there is).

Most of what I find points to NetLogo, but I am actually trying to move away from the NetLogo environment, though I am not opposed to using it.

Thanks for any pointers in the right direction and sorry for not posting an example.

Wade

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]