[R] R vs. RStudio?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 17:56:35 CET 2015

On 12 Jan 2015, at 17:24 , Hadley Wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason you don't just click the zoom button?
> Hadley

Two,  I think. One may be a version issue.

1. Some plots will fail if done on the unzoomed device.

2. The zoom featur has a bug (at least on OSX) where it generates a plot that doesn't quite fit the window until it is resized. (I see this with v.0.98.1028)

The first one is a generic issue with R graphics devices: Fonts don't scale proportionally to graphic elements. (One could, I suppose, consider having a graphics device for which zooming really did magnify proportionally, at least as long as the aspect ratio is constant. I.e., the tile would show a linearly shrunken version of the zoomed plot. Not sure how simple this would be to implement.)

-pd

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501