[R] R vs. RStudio?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:31:51 CET 2015

On 12/01/2015 12:00 PM, C W wrote:
> I use R on Mac, and I use RStudio on Windows.  That's my opinion.
>
> I have one problem.
>
> When I use R on Mac. The function plot() gives a graph that's cut off.
>
> For example, try
>
> plot(rnorm(100)
>
> I believe there should be space below "index" on x-axis.
>
> Why is that?

This may depend on the size of your display.  The default window is too
big to fit on the display of a small laptop, so it is cut off at the
bottom:  but the Mac doesn't show it as being cut off, it shows the full
border, and cuts off the contents, so it looks a little strange.  I'm
not sure if this is by intention or a bug; you could ask on the
R-sig-mac list if you really care.  When you resize the window the OS
realizes that you really want to see the whole thing, and it shrinks it.

You can probably use quartz.options() to change the default size and
avoid the above problem.

Duncan Murdoch