[R] R 3.1.2 mle2() function on Windows 7 Error and multiple solutions

Ravi Varadhan ravi.varadhan at jhu.edu
Thu Jan 15 15:36:34 CET 2015

A more important point that want to make is that I find few people taking advantage of the "comparative evaluation" or benchmarking ability of optimx.  There is no "uniformly best" optimizer for all problems.  Different ones turn out to perform better for different problems and it is quite difficult to know a priori which one would be the best for "my" problem.  Thus, the benchmarking capability provided by optimx is a powerful feature.

Ravi