[R] Question abt 'factanal' function

오건희 gunfifa12 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 09:22:02 CET 2015

Hi,

I tried to run 'factanal' function for Factor Analysis, but failed to get
results.

The error message was following,

Error in factanal(data, factors = 3, rotation = "varimax") :
  unable to optimize from this starting value

I searched for the solution of this error, and one said putting
'control=list(trace=T)' in the argument as

option, but it also failed. looks like no way for it on my own.

I doubted that high correlation btw observed variables in the original
data, so removed some

variables with high correlations (1~3, 19, 23~33). After that, I ran it ,
but also couldn't get any output.

If you respond to my question, it will a big help for me .

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]