[R] Reading oxmetrics/pcgive files (.in7 & .bn7)

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:58:16 CET 2015

It is a long time since I have used oxmetrics/pcgive files. The data on the
file is in binary form and I do not know of any program that decodes it.
The easiest way to transform the dat would be to find a person who had
access to one of the oxmetrics oxmetrics programs who would read the file
and export it to a csv/spreadsheet format. If this is not possible  there
is a console version of Ox available free for academic use from
http://www.doornik.com/.  Last time I used this program one could read
oxmetrics format data into Ox and export it to a format that could be read
in R.

It is possible that some other person has written a program that will read
oxmetrics format data files and output the data in a more accessible format.

Best Regards

John

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park