[R] Do any R-packages include a function for "reverse" radiocarbon calibration of calendar dates?

BrigidG bgrund at uwyo.edu
Wed Jan 28 22:16:53 CET 2015

I need a function that "reverse" calibrates radiocarbon dates (similar to the
R_Simulate command in Oxcal). In essence, the user inputs a calendar date
and the function outputs a possible radiocarbon date based on the
probability distribution at that point on the radiocarbon calibration curve.

I have checked through the Bchron package and can't find a function that
does this--perhaps I overlooked something? Or perhaps there is another
package with R_Simulate capability?

Thanks!