[R] Lattice: set col = "black" for box.rectangle and box.umbrella

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 2 16:46:53 CEST 2015

   Lattice's bwplot() displays and prints (using pdf()) the box.rectangle and
box.umbrella in a pale blue that is a pale gray on b&w laser printer output.
I would like to set default options so the box and whiskers are displayed
and printed in black by modifying ~/.Rprofile by adding a .First() function.

   Reading Chapter 7 in Deepayan's book and the ?Startup man page did not
result in my understanding the correct syntax for
lattice.options(default.args = list(...)) in ~/.Rprofile. Web searches did
not find guidance, either.

   Would appreciate help on learning how to set these options so they are
effective when R is invoked.

Rich