[R] Lattice: set col = "black" for box.rectangle and box.umbrella

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 2 19:50:03 CEST 2015

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015, David Winsemius wrote:

> My .Rprofile has this (among other items):

David,

   My attempts at adding lattice.options to .Rprofile fail. In that file is

lattice.options(trellis.par.set(list(
                 box.umbrella=list(col="black"),
   		box.rectangle=list(col="black")
                      )
 		))

and invoking R within emacs displays this warning:

Warning message:
In trellis.par.set(list(box.umbrella = list(col = "black"), box.rectangle = list(col = "black"))) :
   Note: The default device has been opened to honour attempt to modify trellis settings
[Previously saved workspace restored]

   Removing the enclosing lattice.options() produces the same error. In
section 7.1.4 I'm not groking the correct syntax to change the color of both
box items within ~.Rprofile.

Rich