[R] Rgui not working in Windows Version 8.1

John C Frain frainj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 15:22:49 CEST 2015

I am running

R version 3.2.1 Patched (2015-07-02 r68625) -- "World-Famous Astronaut"
Copyright (C) 2015 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

and do not have any problems with Rgui. The output from Sys.info() is

> Sys.info()
       sysname        release        version       nodename        machine
     "Windows"        "7 x64"   "build 9200"      "DELL745"       "x86-64"

I don't know why the release is given as  "7 x64" because I am running
Windows 8.1 Professional on this PC.  If you have not already done so I
would uninstall R and reinstall it to see if that solves the problem.

John C Frain
3 Aranleigh Park
Rathfarnham
Dublin 14