[R] Invalid URL for R documentation

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Mon Jul 6 17:34:35 CEST 2015

> On Jul 6, 2015, at 10:10 AM, Paul <Paul.Domaskis at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tried accessing http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-
> intro.html, which is linked to from http://cran.r-
> project.org/manuals.html.  I get the message that the URL could not be
> found by the server. Just wondering if I'm doing something stunningly un-
> smart (it would not be the first time).

It would appear that the HTML and EPUB files for the Release versions of the manuals are not present, unless they are in the process of being generated right now. The PDFs, dated July 6, 2015, are present:

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/

They appear to be ok for patched and devel:

  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/
  http://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/

which are dated July 4 and 5, respectively.

Checking a mirror, the HTML and EPUB files appear to be present for the July 3, 2015 dated file versions. So something happened over the weekend on the main CRAN server it would seem, depending upon the regen cycle timing.

I tried two different browsers, with refreshes, in case there was a caching issue of sorts.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz