[R] what constitutes a 'complete sentence'?

peter dalgaard pdalgd at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:53:36 CEST 2015

On 07 Jul 2015, at 16:52 , Max Kuhn <mxkuhn at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are we trying to fix?

Two things, actually.

(1) An error message that sends the package developer on a wild goose chase, because it is both out of sync both with what is wanted, and what is checked for.
(2) The description in the WRE manual is somewhat self-contradicting, and could probably be improved.

To my mind, the tricky one is (1). (2) should be easier because there is space to elaborate.
(1) needs to be succinct, which is hard if there is no single term for what is being required. I'm beginning to think that the best we can do is along the lines of "Malformed Description field: Missing end punctuation.". If more checks are devised, add more messages.

--
Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Email: pd.mes at cbs.dk  Priv: PDalgd at gmail.com