[R] R-project on App-V 5

Gilfred Tan Gilfred.Tan at aberdeen-asset.com
Wed Jul 8 11:43:40 CEST 2015

Hi

Here at Aberdeen Asset Management .  We are in the process of looking to move to a VDI environment (based on Win7) and are wanting to deploy the R-project via Microsoft App-V 5.  Based around this I have a series of technical queries regarding your application.

Firstly can I ask you to please provide me (or point me towards a download location) the current version of software, including an installation guide, and any updates / patches needed?

The company that is packaging our applications into the App-V environment have asked us the following questions (feel free to point me to the install guide where applicable on these queries):

  - are there any pre-requisites (such as Java for instance) or dependant applications?
  - is the app 32-bit or 64-bit?
  - is there any 16-bit code in the app?
  - is it compatible with Win7 64 bit?.
  - does is support RDSH (64bit XenApp 7.6)
  - does it support App-V 5?
  -  any other vendor technical support contact.
  - how are updates managed and what is their typical frequency?
  - Are there licensing details regarding the product, and if so please advise on how it is controlled / locked down.

Please come back to me with any questions you may have on my requests, otherwise thanks in advance for the assistance.

Regards

Gilfred Tan
Discovery Engineer
Aberdeen Asset Management Asia Limited (Reg. No. 199105448E)
Tel: +65 6395 2642
aberdeen-asset.com<http://www.aberdeen-asset.com/>
Find out how aspects of everyday life embody our philosophy at Aberdeen
simplyaberdeen.com<http://www.simplyaberdeen.com>

This email and any attachment are confidential and may contain privileged and copyright information. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. In accordance with good business practice and applicable regulations, all electronic communications with the Aberdeen Asset Management Group of companies may be monitored and retained. Aberdeen Asset Management PLC, Company Number: SC82015, Registered Office: Ten Queen's Terrace, Aberdeen AB10 1YG Scotland.
For further information please visit our website: http://www.aberdeen-asset.com and www.aberdeen-asset.com/aam.nsf/AAM/privacy.
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]