[R] randomForest set.seed()

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Jul 9 20:31:04 CEST 2015

Please post in plain text, and supply a reproducible example (that
includes sample data, preferably using the dput function).

The below code obtains repeatable random number sequences in each pass
through the loop, as confirmed by the first value in each sequence.

##
a <- 0
##
## For loop to test the various combinations of ntree and mtry
for ( j in 1:8 ) {
     for ( i in 1:3 ) {
         b <- 1968 + a
         set.seed( b )