[R] Do grep() and strsplit() use different regex engines?

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 11 18:19:47 CEST 2015

Thanks Jeff. That doesn't explain it for me. Could you go through the
algorithm a step at a time to show why it splits at the individual
characters rather than the words, perhaps privately. Feel free to
refuse, as I'm sure you have better things to do.

-- Bert

Bert Gunter

is certainly not wisdom."
   -- Clifford Stoll