[R] Problem accessing xslx on CRAN mirrir

Knox, Tom knoxt at bp.com
Tue Jul 14 12:09:33 CEST 2015

I am very new to the use of R and trying to install it in order to use a package called mh1823 for determining Probability of Detection stats for Non-Destructive Evaluation.  I have hit an immediate problem installing the xlsx package and get the following messages:

Warning: unable to access index for repository http://star-www.st-andrews.ac.uk/cran/src/contrib
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/src/contrib
Error in install.packages(NULL, .libPaths()[1L], dependencies = NA, type = type) :
  no packages were specified
In addition: Warning message:
In open.connection(con, "r") : cannot open: HTTP status was '0 (nil)'

I do not seem to be able to get past this issue, though am able to load the mh1823 POD package successfully from local zip file

Regards,

Tom
Tom Knox
NDE Subject Matter Expert
Upstream Engineering Centre
BP
Sunbury-on-Thames
Mobile: +44 (0)7796 182926
Fax:     +44 (0)1932 763439
E-mail: tom.knox at bp.com
Postal Address:  Building H, BP Exploration, Chertsey Road, Sunbury-on-Thames, UK, TW16 7LN

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]