[R] error message in package "FD", function dbFD ()

lauraRIG laura.riggi at slu.se
Wed Jul 15 15:47:22 CEST 2015

Dear R community,

I  have some trouble with the dbFD function in the FD package.
> str(a)
'data.frame':    150 obs. of  48 variables:
> str(x)
'data.frame':    48 obs. of  9 variables:

ex1 <- dbFD(x,a)
Error in dbFD(x, a) :
  Species labels in 'x' and 'a' need to be identical and ordered
alphabetically (or simply in the same order).

I have checked multiple time the data set but this message keeps on
appearing. The names of the species are identical in both data.frames.

I was wondering if you could help me by giving me an example of an excel
trait and species matrix table to upload for this package. Below is a
snapshop of my data. I have also checked that there are no NA’s problems and
that there is no species abundance = 0 or no community with 0 species.

Thank you for any advice!
Best
Laura

Species table (a)
Agonum_assimile	Agonum_dorsale	Agonum_gracile	Agonum_gracilipes
2	3	0	0
0	6	0	0
1	10	0	0
1	5	0	0
0	8	0	0
2	7	0	0
1	6	0	0

Trait table(x)

Species	         SizeCategoy Ecology	Reproduction	Diet	Wing
Agonum_assimile	C	nocturnal	spring	Carnivorous	Brachypterous
Agonum_dorsale       	B	nocturnal	spring	Carnivorous	Macropterous
Agonum_gracile	       B	diurnal	spring	Carnivorous	Macropterous
Agonum_gracilipes	B	both	        spring	Carnivorous	Macropterous