[R] Seeing Build Commands when running "R CMD INSTALL <pkg>"

Navraj Singh navraj42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 19:25:31 CEST 2015

Hello,

I was trying to build a package from source (specifically the 'rzmq'
package) on the following platform:

Mac OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
R: version 3.2.1
rzmq: version 0.7.7 (obtained from the github repo for this package)

The reason I want to build this from source is that there is no binary
available from CRAN for this version of rzmq for Mountain Lion (it is only
available for Maverick).

I'm using "R CMD INSTALL ..." to build the package. However, I get some
errors. For now, I would just like to be able to see the exact raw commands
being sent to the compiler (gcc in my case), because I think the commands
aren't being set up correctly. Is there a way to do this?

Thank you!

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]