[R] p-values in "rpt.adj"

Iker Vaquero Alba karraspito at yahoo.es
Sun Jul 19 16:34:19 CEST 2015

   Hello everyone,   My question is about the "rptR" package. I am using the rpt.adj function (for adjusted repeatability).
   My model is as follows:

   rpt.adj(brifield ~ 1 + (1|ring)+(1|year),"ring",data=bellyfield,datatype="Gaussian")
   where "brifield" is the measurement for which I want to obtain repeatability and "ring" is the individual ID (there are 3 different measurements per ID – per ring number).

   What I want is an adjusted repeatability estimate that includes the year-to-year variance. Reading how to use the function, it says:
grnameA character string or vector of character strings giving the name(s) of the grouping factor(s), for which the repeatability should be estimated. Spelling needs to match the random effect names as given in formula.
   So my grouping factor is "ring". Is that right? That would be my first question (just reassuring).
   And the second one is about the results:
   R  = 0.591
   SE = 0.148
   CI = [0.27, 0.808]
   P  = 1.06e-22 []
          0.001 []
   It's basically about the p-values (as it gives me 2). Which one is which? The upper one is the p-value due to grouping factor "ring" (or ID) and the bottom one is the one of grouping factor "year"? Which one should I report, according to what I am interested in?
   Thank you very much in advance.
   Iker

   Dr. Iker Vaquero-Alba
    Daphne du Maurier
    Centre for Ecology and Conservation
    College of Life and Environmental Sciences
    University of Exeter, Cornwall Campus
    TR10 9FE
    Penryn
    U.K.