[R] Read ".xlsx" and convert date-column value into Dataframe

R_Antony antony.akkara at ge.com
Wed Jul 22 14:09:21 CEST 2015

Hi,

Here i am having a ".xlsx" file and it contains various columns including
date-column[mm/dd/yy]-but it is not in the date format. I have to read this
excel[.xlsx] file and need to get in dataframe. So i used "xlsx"-liabrary
and it was fine to read data. But the problem is, values in the date column
is converting to some other value.

for eg:-

FF DATE
-----------
3/31/2016
2/26/2016
--
1/2/2016

[Values like "--" will come in the column to indicate that there is no date
mentioned ]

and i getting result like this,

FF DATE
-----------
42460
42426

42125

this is the code i am using for it,

theData<-data.frame(read.xlsx2(InputFilePath, sheetIndex,
sheetName="Workflow_Report", startRow=3,colIndex=NULL, endRow=NULL,
as.data.frame=TRUE, header=TRUE))

Aim :- I have to get actual "date-column" values in dataframe from xlsx
file.

I tried many ways, Could someone please help ?

Thanks in advance,
Antony.