[R] Ordering in Sankey diagram using R and googleVis

Angela angelat416 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 23 17:57:57 CEST 2015

Hi Jim,

I tried it and it while it does make the diagram look more like what I want, there are a few categories still out of order.  Thank you for your help!

-Angela

 Hi Angela,
 Assuming that your reformatted data is named
 "data", have you tried:

 data[order(data$count,data$before,decreasing=TRUE),]

 Jim

 On
 Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Angela via R-help <r-help at r-project.org>
 wrote:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am trying to figure out if there is a
 way to order the left side of a Sankey diagram from most
 frequent to least frequent. I am using R version 3.2.1 and
 using googleVis version 0.5.9 for the Sankey. I've tried
 sorting, but that does not work. Is there anyway to force it
 to arrange the left ("before") side in decreasing
 frequency? Something I am missing? Does not have to be using
[[elided Yahoo spam]]

 > -Angela
 >
 > Example of the data I have, in a csv
 file:

 > before
 after
 > A    B
 > A    B
 > A    A
 > A    B
 > F    B
 > F    F
 > G    A
 >
 > I reformat the data in R so it looks like
 this:

 > before
 after    count
 > A    B    4