[R] shift by one column given rows in a dataframe

maxbre mbressan at arpa.veneto.it
Thu Jul 23 21:56:05 CEST 2015

Hi

thank you for your reply: it's a neat solution but unfortunately not
applicable to my specific case;

in fact as I specified in my first post (I may have been not enough clear,
sorry for that!) I can not rely on any search method grep-like because the
value "xxx" in the rows of "df_start" can be anything (string or numeric and
always different) so that I necessarely need to apply by row index position
(i.e. in my reproducible example rows: 2, 3, 5);

thank you again for your kind help but still searching for a solution...

best