[R] about R 3.2.0

Sat Jul 25 09:56:58 CEST 2015

You have not included the output of session info() which suggests you have nit read the Posting Guide... go do that now.

I am not aware of any install procedure that deletes R packages. You can usually install multiple versions of R. Each X.Y version of R by default refers to a different library directory. Therefore when you run a new version of R you are likely to find that it does not find your packages.

However that is not the end of the world... just reinstall them if you don't feel like paying attention to what the fine R Installation guide tells you. You may find that sometimes package authors don't update their packages when a new version of R comes out, so CRAN may archive those packages making it a bit less easy to use them. However, there is no way for us to guide you before that happens about your best approach afterward... some of your options may include learning how to fix packages yourself, rolling back to an earlier version of R (we generally can't help you if you take this route because the Posting Guide warns you that the current released version of R is expected here), or using a different package or your own code to perform the task.

Usually you can copy your old library directory onto the new one and update.packages to update them.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing