[R] Multilevel mediated moderation

Sally Chan sally.cmp at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:57:19 CEST 2015

Dear All,

I want to test a multilevel/cross-level mediated moderation model (Level 1:
IV, DV; and Level 2: Mod, Med). The dataset can be grouped by firm_id and I
use mediate{mediation} with lmer class to do it...

Can anyone suggest if the following models are specified correctly?
I don't know whether a Level 2 variable can be specified in a lmer
model...any idea?
mod.m <- lmer(Med ~ IV*Mod + (IV | firm_id), data, REML=FALSE)
mod.y <- lmer(DV ~ Med*IV*Mod + (IV | firm_id), data, REML=FALSE)

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Best regards,
Sally

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]