[R] R load error

Yaacov Petscher ypetscher at fcrr.org
Mon Jul 27 21:03:52 CEST 2015

Greetings - I'm using RStudio and recently updated both it and R. When loadings up, I'm now receiving the following error:

Error: ReadItem: unknown type 63, perhaps written by later version of R

I've tried using rm(list=ls())   rm(list=ls(all.names=TRUE)) and detach() but nothing works in R. Within RStudio it just continues to try and load and I'm unable to interrupt or restart. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yaacov Petscher, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Florida Center for Reading Research
Senior Research Associate, Regional Educational Laboratory-Southeast (REL-SE) at Florida State University
2010 Levy Ave
Suite 100
Tallahassee, Florida, 32310
850-645-8963 (p)