[R] Populate data frame for meta-analysis

Jerry josephlockhart at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 06:06:58 CEST 2015

I am trying to model an existing meta-analysis to examine alternative
hypotheses (e.g., doing a random-effects analysis), as well as re-sampling
techniques. There are over 2,000 subjects, but the data is fairly simple: a
binary outcome, success or failure, linked with a score (0-10) on a
structured assessment. I have the frequencies of success or failure for each
score, nested within each study. I am looking for a easier way to create the
dataset rather than keying it in, or using the rep function multiple times.

I would like each row to look something like this: Study_ID,
Test_Result[0-10], Outcome[0 or 1]

For example, let's say I just had two studies and two test levels (1 or 2):
study 1 has 35 successes, and 85 failures for score of "1"; for a score of
"2," 46 successes and 83 failures. In study 2, for a score of "1" there are
78 successes, 246 failures; for a score of "2," 45 successes and 96
failures.

Using just the frequencies provided, how could I most easily create a data
frame with the several hundred lines of data?
Thanks in advance,