[R] R wont accept my zero count values in the GLM with quasi_poisson dsitribution

Charlotte charlotte.hurry at griffithuni.edu.au
Tue Jul 28 08:33:25 CEST 2015

Hello

I have count values for abundance which follow a pattern of over-dispersal
with many zero values.  I have read a number of documents which suggest that
I don't use data transforming methods but rather than I run the GLM with the
quasi poisson distribution.  So I have written my script and R is telling me
that Y should be more than 0.

Everything I read tells me to do it this way but I can't get R to agree.
Did I need to add something else to my script to get it to work and keep my
data untransformed? The script I wrote is as follows:

> fit <- glm(abundance~Gender,data=teminfest,family=binomial())

then I get this error
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : y values must be 0 <= y <= 1

I don't use R a lot so I am having trouble figuring out what to do next.

I would appreciate some help

Many Thanks
Charlotte