[R] Segmented model

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:49:12 CEST 2015

Segmented linear regression with breakpoint locations as parameters is
NON-linear regression. R^2 for nonlinear regression -- and certainly
R^2 for individual segments  in segmented regression-- makes no (or at
best very little) sense. For why this is so, post on a statistics list
like stats.stackexchange.com or consult a local statistical resource.
These are not R issues and so are offtopic here.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

is certainly not wisdom."