[R] R wont accept my zero count values in the GLM with quasi_poisson dsitribution

John Maindonald john.maindonald at anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 28 13:55:39 CEST 2015

A further point to note is that with a log link, SEs for comparisons with any factor
level where counts are all zero will be huge and meaningless.  This phenomenon
has the name Hauck-Donner effect, though more commonly so identified for
comparisons with categories with very low or very high estimated proportions
for binomial data.  For the poisson or quasipoisson family, use of the sqrt link
avoids this problem.

John Maindonald             email: john.maindonald at anu.edu.au<mailto:john.maindonald at anu.edu.au>