[R] setting up R -- VM Fusion, WIndows7

Matthew Johnson mcooganj at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 07:48:27 CEST 2015

Hi,

As i need R to speak to Bloomberg (and big only runs on windows), i'm
running windows 7 via VM Fusion on my mac.

I think i am having permission problems, as i cannot use install.packages,
and cannot change .libPaths via either a .Rprofile, or Profile.site.

I've posted more detail in this super-user question --
http://superuser.com/questions/948083/how-to-set-environment-variables-in-vm-fusion-windows-7

Throwing it over to this list as well, as I've spent about half the time i
had allowed for my project on (not getting) set up.

I realise this is a very niche problem - hoping that someone else has had a
similar problem, and can offer pointers.

best

mj

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]