[R] merge function

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:32:11 CEST 2015

You do not appear to understand what merge() does. Go through the worked
examples in ?merge so that you do.

FWIW, I would agree that the Help file is cryptic and difficult to
understand. Perhaps going through a tutorial on database "join" operations
might help.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

"Data is not information. Information is not knowledge. And knowledge is
certainly not wisdom."
   -- Clifford Stoll

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:47 AM, carol white via R-help <r-help at r-project.org