[R] nls and four parameter estimates

Prof J C Nash (U30A) nashjc at uottawa.ca
Tue Jun 2 15:26:37 CEST 2015

Package nlmrt (function nlxb) tries to use symbolic derivatives. In
fact, Duncan Murdoch and I have a very slowly developing nls14 package
to substitute for nls that should advance this even further.

nlxb also allows "masked" (i.e., fixed) parameters, which would let you
combine your runs, fixing the fourth parameter for initial runs. It also
allows bounds constraints.

I suspect it should work better. I'd have tried it, but the data
provided was not easily decipherable. Was it HTML format?

JN