[R] SVM error.

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 02:11:10 CEST 2015

Hi Pijush,
As before, please keep the messages on the mailing list. In your
example above you have not defined "y", so the function is probably
complaining about being passed a NULL for the dependent variable. I
forgot to add in my previous message that I imported your data by
exporting it from XLSX format to CSV format and then removing the
second line, which seems to be a subsidiary header. If not removed,
that second line will also cause the data to be imported to R as
character mode variables because R reads the first line as a header
(variable names) and then tries to work out from the subsequent lines
the modes of the data. As the first line of "data" is of character
mode if the second line of the spreadsheet is not removed, everything
else will be demoted to that mode.

Jim