[R] Difference between 32-bit and 64-bit version

Thierry Onkelinx thierry.onkelinx at inbo.be
Thu Jun 4 09:59:01 CEST 2015

Dear Duncan,

I had been thinking about FAQ 7.31. I tried to create a dummy dataset with
the same structure to replicate the problem with the need of sending my
dataset. However all of them gave identical() results between 32-bit and
64-bit. Note that coef()$fRow is a 1266 x 6 data.frame. Is it correct to
infer that tiny difference between 32-bit and 64-bit are possible but have
a low probability of occurring?

signif() makes indeed more sense than round(). Using 20 digits gives
identical results, 21 digits gives non identical results.

Best regards,

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Forest
Kliniekstraat 25