[R] Error in eigen(nhatend)

Olu Ola oluola2011 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 19:43:23 CEST 2015

Hello,
I am estimating a nonlinear GMM and I got the following error message. I have searched online in other to understand what is going on but could not find help

> ngmm = optimx(par=b0, fn=object,gr=gred, method = c("BFGS","nlminb","nlm"), itnmax=10000, control=list(follow.on = TRUE,starttests=TRUE, save.failures=TRUE, trace=0))
Error in eigen(nhatend) : infinite or missing values in 'x'
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In optimx.run(par, optcfg$ufn, optcfg$ugr, optcfg$uhess, lower,  :
  Hessian is reported non-symmetric with asymmetry ratio NaN
2: Hessian forced symmetric
Error in ans.ret[meth, ] <- c(ans$par, ans$value, ans$fevals, ans$gevals,  :
  number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length
In addition: Warning message:
In optimx.run(par, optcfg$ufn, optcfg$ugr, optcfg$uhess, lower,  :
  Eigenvalue failure after method BFGS

A way forward will be highly appreciated.

Thank you