[R] problems editing R console

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 02:16:59 CEST 2015

?saveRDS

On Sun, Jun 7, 2015 at 5:58 PM, Rosa Oliveira <rosita21 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Mark,
>

> I’ll try to explain better.
>
> Imagine I write:
>
> library(foreign)
> library(nlme)
>
> set.seed(1000)
> n.sample<-10000 #sample size
> M <- 5
> DP_x <- 2
> x <- rnorm(n.sample,M,DP_x)
> p <- pnorm(-3+x)
> y <- rbinom(n.sample,1,p)
> dp_erro <- 0.01
> erro <- rnorm(n.sample,0,dp_erro)
> x.erro <- x+erro
>
> but with a function, with 2000 simulations.
> I save my “output” and I get X.erro in a .txt file. (text edit file).
>
> I do another setting with DP_x=3 and save, and so on.
>
> For some reason I realize I’ve done my simulation the wrong way and I have
> to apply a correction, for example:
>
> x.erro = 1.4X+erro, i.e. in the truth I could use my first X and erro
> values in each setting, but as it is in a .txt file I can’t use them any
> more. Is there a way to save the results in a  format that I can use the
> values? Just apply my corrections and don’t have to do the 2000 simulations
> for each setting again?
>
> My problem is that the function I use takes 3 days running, and just 500
> simulations :(
>
> Best,
> RO
>

> Atenciosamente,
> Rosa Oliveira
>
> --

> Rosa Celeste dos Santos Oliveira,
>
> E-mail: rosita21 at gmail.com
> Tlm: +351 939355143
> Linkedin: https://pt.linkedin.com/in/rosacsoliveira

> "Many admire, few know"
> Hippocrates
>
> > On 07 Jun 2015, at 23:03, Mark Sharp <msharp at txbiomed.org> wrote:
> >
> > I cannot understand your request as stated. Can you provide a small
> example?
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > R. Mark Sharp, Ph.D.
> > msharp at TxBiomed.org
> >
> >> On Jun 7, 2015, at 2:49 PM, Rosa Oliveira <rosita21 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I’m doing simulations on R, and as my code is being changed and
> improved I need to, sometimes, work in finished simulations, i.e,
> >>
> >> After my simulation is  over I need to settle another setting.
> >> The problem is that I need to get back to the previous result.
> >>
> >> When I save the result it saves as txt, so I can’t edit that result any
> more.
> >>
> >> Imagine I save a setting and save the mean, nonetheless, in another
> setting the mean as problems, so I have to ask the median.
> >>
> >> As I have to have the same statistics to all settings, nowadays I have
> to run my first setting again.
> >>
> >> My advisor told me that I could save another way so I can “edit” my
> first result. Is it possible?
> >>
> >> I tried to save as "save my workplace", … but after I don’t know what
> to do with it.
> >>
> >> Can you please help me?
> [...]

Stephen Sefick
Auburn University
Biological Sciences
331 Funchess Hall
Auburn, Alabama
36849
sas0025 at auburn.edu
http://www.auburn.edu/~sas0025

Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are so
little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and make us
feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the annoying little
problems of being mammals.

                                -K. Mullis

"A big computer, a complex algorithm and a long time does not equal
science."

                              -Robert Gentleman

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]