[R] load a very big .RData - error reading from connection

Boris Steipe boris.steipe at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 9 17:44:07 CEST 2015

There are several possible reasons and you have really told us nothing that might help isolating the problem. 600 MB is large, but not "very" large. R and your OS should not be expected to have a problem with files of that size. First of all, you'll need to document why you expect this should work in the first place.

- is the file where you think it is?  ?dir
- do you actually have read access? ?file.access
- was the file produced by a program that writes correctly formatted Rdata files?
- does this work with other files that are similarly formatted?

etc.

B.