[R] Different random intercepts but same random slope for groups

Bert Gunter bgunter.4567 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 23:25:12 CEST 2015

Thierry:

I don't think so. It looks to me like her syntax/understanding is confused.
I think the call should be:

mod2 <- lmer(result  ~ group*time+(group + time|lot), na.action=na.omit,
data=alldata)

Her request for "the same random slope for each group" -- I assume it's for
time -- means to me that the time slope will vary "randomly" by lot only,
the slope would be the same for all groups within the lot.

Of course, I may be wrong also. If so, I suggest that she follow the
posting guide and post at least head(alldata) using dput() to enable folks
to understand the structure of her data. And only on r-sig-mixed-models --
crossposting is frowned upon here and the mixed models list is the best bet
for this sort of question anyway.

As always, corrections and criticism welcome.

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter

"Data is not information. Information is not knowledge. And knowledge is
certainly not wisdom."
   -- Clifford Stoll