[R] help

Sarah Bazzocco sarah.bazzocco at vhir.org
Wed Jun 17 16:57:24 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am a R-beginner and I need some help. The question is very simple: I need to do a pearson correlations (r,p-value and FDR with BH) from an Expression array (with several thousand genes for lets say 20 cell lines) with some features of those cell lines.

My problem I have is the organization of the excel sheets and how to introduce the data into R and run the script. I though the easiest and more organized for me would be two expcel sheets:

1- Only Expression data (in rows the genes and in colums cell lines)

2- Only the features (In row the features (e.g. a) growth rate, b) sensitivity to some drugs) and in columns the cell lines).

-->That would creat both sheets with 20 colums.

Now I would like to get a correlation of the gene 1: the expression of all lines with the growth rate.

the same for gene2... and soforth. I sould obtain as many r,p and BH(FDR) as genes there are.

the same I would need to do for the sensitivity... and so on.

Do you think this is doable? I am not at all a bioinformatic expert, so all help is very welcome.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,

Sarah

--