[R] R problem

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Thu Jun 18 22:41:55 CEST 2015

Usually, along with that error message, you get a warning
that gives a few details about the problem, like the name
of the file and the reason it could be opened.  E.g.,
  > filename <- "no\\such\\file.blah.blah"
  > file(filename, "r", encoding="UTF-8")
  Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = "UTF-8") :
    cannot open the connection
  In addition: Warning message:
  In file(filename, "r", encoding = "UTF-8") :
    cannot open file 'no\such\file.blah.blah': No such file or directory
Did you suppress warnings?

Bill Dunlap
TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com