[R] CHAID Usage in R

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at uibk.ac.at
Mon Jun 22 13:00:05 CEST 2015

On Mon, 22 Jun 2015, My List wrote:

> All:
>
> I am trying to implement CHAID decision tree. Can anyone please help me to
> know which package can be used for it or lead me to the documentation to
> the same.

A CHAID implementation is available on R-Forge at:
https://R-Forge.R-project.org/R/?group_id=343

In recent versions of R you should be able to install the package from
within R via: install.packages("CHAID", repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org")

The package contains manual pages.

As an alternative to CHAID you might want to use some more recently
developed statistical algorithms for classification trees, see e.g.,
http://CRAN.R-project.org/view=MachineLearning

In particular, the ctree() function from package "partykit" is based on
similar ideas but is more flexible with respect to the distribution of
dependent and explanatory variables.