[R] how to change the "ff" properties of a "ff"-related R object after the original "ff" output folder has been moved

Shi, Tao shidaxia at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 01:04:19 CEST 2015

Hi all,

I'm new to "ff" package through the using Bioconductor package "crlmm".  Here is my problem:

I've created a few R objects (e.g. an CNSet) using crlmm based on my data and save them in a .RData file.  crlmm heavily uses ff package to store results on a local folder.  For certain reasons, I have moved the ff output folder to somewhere else.  Now when I go back to R, I can't open those CNSet, for example, anymore, as the file has a property still storing the old ff output folder path.

My question is: is there a quick way to change these paths to the new one, so I don't have to re-run the own analysis.

Many thanks!

Tao