[R] Error: unexpected symbol in [with read.table]

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 26 23:37:56 CEST 2015

If

a <- read.table(args[1],sep="\t",header=T, stringsAsFactors=F)

fails but

a <- read.table("/path/to/file/filename.txt", header=T,sep="\t",
stringsAsFactors=F)

succeeds, then since those two commands are otherwise identical, you had
better put

  print(args[1])

before the call to read.table, to find out if it is actually what you
think it is.

Also, obviously, the argument(s) that you supply after
  /path/to/R/R-3.0.2/bin/Rscript
are relevant.

-Don

--