[R] Towards understanding communication channels within a community

Carlos Gomez cagomezt at uvic.ca
Tue Jun 30 19:33:26 CEST 2015

Dear r-help mailing list,

I would like to invite you to participate in an academic survey namely
"Towards understanding communication channels within a community".

We are Carlos Gomez and Margaret-Anne Storey, researchers from the
Computer Human Interaction and Software Engineering Lab (CHISEL) in the
Department of Computer Science at the University of Victoria, invite you
to participate in the study. We'd be grateful if you could help us
understand the current use of communication tools, the importance of using
an adequate communication tool, and the interplay between tools and the
development process by completing an on-line survey
(http://goo.gl/alZN4t). The survey should take about 10 to 15 minutes

General remarks: This is a purely academic research project with no
commercial interests. We will openly publish the results so everyone can
benefit from them, but will anonymize everything before doing so; your
stated otherwise- cannot be traced back to individual respondents. Please
note that you are not obligated to participate in the survey.

Target audience: Users and developers of R.

Note:
 - The survey is available in English and Spanish.
 - For an example of related studies from our lab, please visit Lief
Singer's work, How Software Developers Use Twitter (http://goo.gl/OO61Vf)
 - I do understand that this email would be technically off topic - it's
about a study that could involve R-Help users - not about coding in R.
 - This project is based on an open challenge presented by Bogdan
Vasilescu on his dissertation (http://goo.gl/IKsf2e)

Thank you for your consideration!

Best regards,
Carlos Gomez
Contact information: cagomezt(at)uvic(dot)ca
CHISEL Web site: http://thechiselgroup.org
Canada, BC, Victoria