[R] R CMD wants (unnecessary) packages ?

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 20:09:18 CET 2015

I would be very careful about removing the packages that are installed
by default with R,

http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#Which-add_002don-packages-exist-for-R_003f

either the base packages listed in that FAQ or the recommended ones in
the list right below it.

Removing those packages can cause all sorts of unexpected problems,
since they are installed automatically and assumed to be present.

I'm not even sure how you know that you don't use them: have you
checked the requirements of all the packages that you do use?

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org