[R] help with RODBC

Thu Mar 5 17:27:22 CET 2015

Using HTML email is, as usual, obscuring what you are doing on this end of the communication. The error message indicates that you have single quotes around the BOS term, but they are not visible in the code you have presented. In addition, there is a syntax error in having the word 'from' before the keyword 'select' in your code. It is hard to believe the error and presented code are related.

The actual error given below is different than the one you originally posted. This one suggests that you cannot see a table. This is not an R problem. It could be that that table name is misspelled, or it could mean that the login permissions you are using from R don't allow access to that data table. Or something else... but not related to R.

Note that there is a mailing list where database use with R is on topic... R-sig-db.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing