[R] Error: cannot allocate vector of size 64.0 Mb When Using Read.zoo()

李倩雯 jasmineangel0503 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 04:16:07 CET 2015

Hi all,

*Problem Description*
I encountered the *Error: cannot allocate vector of size 64.0 Mb* when I
was using read.zoo to convert a data.frame called 'origin' to zoo object
named 'target'

*About the Data & Code*
My data frame(origin) contains 5340191 obs. of 3 variables[Data,
Numeric,Character]
The code looks like
*target<-read.zoo(origin,format="%m/%d/%Y",index.column=1,split=3)*

*SessionInfo:*
R version 3.1.2 (2014-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Installed memory: 4.00 GB (3.82 GB usable)
Result of memory.size() : 3812.85

I try to calculate the required memory but I don't know what are the
operations in such conversion process. Therefore I have no idea if my data
is too mass to handle or I was using a low efficient method. Can anyone
help me with this problem?

By the way, as this is the first time I turn to mailing list for help, I am
not sure if I ask in the right manner. Please tell me if any
suggestions.Thank you.

Best regards,
Jasmine

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]