[R] R-studio stalls in arulesSequences

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 16:09:29 CET 2015

Please don't post in HTML - your code is unreadable.

Using dput() to provide some of your data may also encourage people to
help you figure out what's wrong.

Without a reproducible example that includes some sample data (fake is
fine), the code you used, and some clear idea of what output you
expect, it's impossible to figure out how to help you. Here are some
suggestions for creating a good reproducible example:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5963269/how-to-make-a-great-r-reproducible-example

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Simon Givoli <givolis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to extract sequences from my data, using the SPADE algorithm in
> the arulesSequences package:
>
> 1 1 8 1100 31 45 31 45 1 5 1200
> 1 2 100 1100 31 45 1 5 31
> 1 3 59 1100 31 45 1 81 1000 1 1 5
> 1 4 69 1100 31 45 17 1000 610 1000 1 1 81
> 1 5 31 1100 31 45 81 1000
>
> (library(Matrix
> (library(arules
> (library(arulesSequences
>
> ((x<-read_baskets(file.choose(), info = c("sequenceID","eventID","size
> ("as(x,"data.frame
>
> ((s1 <- cspade(x, parameter = list(support = 0.4), control = list(verbose =
> TRUE
>
> R-studio starts to run the commands and than seems to stall:
>

> :parameter specification
> support : 0.4
> maxsize :  10
> maxlen  :  10
>
> :algorithmic control
> bfstype  : FALSE
> verbose  :  TRUE
> summary  : FALSE
> tidLists : FALSE
>
> [preprocessing ... 1 partition(s), 0 MB [0.1s
> mining transactions ...
>
> This also happened when I tried ti run the commands on only 10 observations.
>
> Any suggestions as to what is wrong?
>
> Simon

Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org